Huston-Tillotson University features a beautiful campus in East Austin between 7th and 11th Streets just off of I-35. Sustainability at HT includes academic programs, student activities, campus projects, community engagement and a massive solar array installed by Earth Day sponsor, Freedom Solar. With its central location and interconnected indoor and outdoor, HT is the perfect location for Earth Day Austin 2017...
Event Day Information
Extraordinary experiences begin with the details. In preparing for this year's Earth Day ATX, we have done our best to think through what would make this the most memorable green event Austin has ever seen. Earth Day ATX is a zero waste event, which means we will have many opportunities to lower your carbon footprint, conserve, recycle and upcycle. And, to help you navigate all the amazing exhibits and programs, we will soon have an event app for you to download! Explore the event zones in the section below or click here to find out more important details about the event.
Special Features are the Star of the Show this Earth Day 2017!
- "...A very successful event for us. Lots of visitors to our booth learning about clay pot irrigation. There was a large crowd and lots for the kids to do."
- "Earth Day Austin is a great opportunity for Austinites to learn about our city's eco-friendly organizations and to celebrate what we love about our planet and our community. The Compost Pedallers have attended since our founding in 2012 and look forward to it every year!"
- "My team was so busy distributing information that we lost count with our clickers of how many people came by. My entire team thought it was a triumphant event and next year we're going to make sure that we schedule additional volunteers to help us manage our tables with the crowds."
- "The event was extremely well-organized, effective, and fun. We're counting down thedays until next year!"
- ‚"Thank you again for putting on this great event. If there is any event you'd like us to participate in, we will be there."
- "WOW!! a most amazing day, with purpose, heart and message! We were truly honored to be part of this."
- "We were so excited to see old friends and make new ones. The free exchange of information was incredibly enlightening!"